- Urgent Indian Visa
Urgent Indian Visa- Facilitating Emergency Visits to India
Emergency visa to India is provided in order to facilitate visits to India for incidents like loss of life, accidents, serious illness of closed ones or a legal commitment. Emergency visa or urgent visa can be applied and approved within a day or less for the reasons that were unpredictable, hence cannot be planned in advance. The highlight is that the urgent/emergency visa can even be processed on weekends for those who have real urgency to visit India.
Processing of urgent Indian visa
The process to apply for an urgent visa is more or less similar to that of e-visa. You can simply obtain the urgent visa facility by applying online, submitting the mandatory documents and paying the prescribed fees. But you have to pay additional fees in case of urgent visa for the reason that such applications will be processed under high priority.
The emergency visa is considered alike to visa on arrival. The urgent visa will be stamped in one of the airports in India. Visit the nearest airport and if there is less rush, entry will be faster.
Documents required while applying for urgent e-visa India
Documents required while applying for e-visa
- From the date of arrival in India, the applicant’s passport must be valid for the next six months. There should be at least two blank pages in the passport where the Immigration Officer will place the stamp.
- A scanned copy of the first and last page of the applicant’s passport.
- Passport size photo with white background and in JPEG format.
Emergency visa requires these two additional documents in addition to those listed above:
Terms and Conditions for Urgent Indian e-Visa Service
- Documentary proof of emergency situation such as death or medical certificate.
- A confirmed flight ticket for the same day on which the visa is being sought.
Points to be noted:
- Urgent Visas are valid for a single entry only and you cannot extend it.
- International Travelers whose objective of visiting India is tourism, recreation, casual visit to relatives or friends, short-term medical treatment or business visit cannot apply under urgent visa.
- Visa will be issued within 24 hours subject to completion of documents and the prescribed fees.
- Approval of visas solely depends on the Immigration Department of India.
- Suppression of facts and information can result in denial of visa.
- International Travelers must have return ticket along with sufficient money to spend during the stay in India.
- International Travelers with Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin have to apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- Each individual should have a separate passport.
- Not allowed for Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders or Laissez-passer travel document holders.
- Not allowed for International Travel Document Holders.
- The Urgent Visa to India is wholly subject to approval only.
- It is important to provide the additional documents related to the emergency, failing which your application may get rejected.
- It is very much important to provide the correct details like email address, phone number, social IDs that will help in further communication.
- Urgent visa applications cannot be made on the National holidays that include Republic Day on 26 January, Independence Day on 15 August and Mahatma Gandhi's birthday on 2 October.