India is getting hype for billions of good reasons. If you also have a reason to visit India, the first thing you need is to apply for an India visa. Here we are providing the complete guide to two major Indian visas namely; e-visa and regular visa.
Let’s discuss the e-Visa first:
Indian e-Visa is the electronic form of visa that is a relatively easier way to get the permit to visit India. With this, there is no need to make an appointment with the Indian mission; you just need to fill an application form and attach the required documents and then wait for the visa approval.
Unlike Regular visa, e-Visa India is only available to approx. 166 counties and the list of permitted countries if given below:
|Anguilla||Antigua & Barbuda||Argentina|
|Bosnia & Herzegovina||Botswana||Brazil|
|Cambodia||Cameroon Union Republic||Canada|
|Cape Verde||Cayman Island||Chile|
|China||China- SAR Hong Kong||China- SAR Macau|
|Costa Rica||Côte d’Ivoire||Croatia|
|Dominican Republic||East Timor||Ecuador|
|El Salvador||Equatorial Guinea||Eritrea|
|Nicaragua||Niger Republic||Niue Island|
|Palestine||Panama||Papua New Guinea|
|Republic of Korea||Republic of Macedonia||Romania|
|Russia||Rwanda||Saint Christopher and Nevis|
|Saint Lucia||Saint Vincent & the Grenadines||Samoa|
|San Marino||Saudi Arabia||Senegal|
|Solomon Islands||South Africa||Spain|
|Tonga||Trinidad & Tobago||Turks & Caicos Island|
|Vatican City-Holy See||Venezuela||Vietnam|
|Zambia and Zimbabwe|
Types of e-Visa:
Indian e-Visa eligibility:
- Applicants should have the objective of recreation, sight-seeing, meeting friends and short term yoga programs, Short term courses on local languages, music, dance, arts & crafts, cooking, medicine, etc. Next, having short term medical treatment, business activities, or seminars organized by the Ministry or Department of the Government of India, State Governments or UT Administrations, etc.
- The passport needs to have at least six months of validity at the time of applying.
- The person should have a return ticket or ticket to the onward journey.
- Sufficient funds to support the stay.
- Pakistani origin applicants must apply for a regular visa.
- Applicants shouldn’t have Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders or Laissez-passer travel documents.
- Every Individual must have a separate visa
- International Travel Document Holders other than Passport are not eligible.
How to Apply for a Regular Visa for India?
E-visa is recommended when you are planning a short trip to India, but when the applicant needs a longer stay period, the person needs to apply for a regular visa to India. To get this visa, you need to send the application to the embassy and need to visit the embassy for the completion of the process.
The entire process of an application takes around two weeks and thus you need to be advanced for applying for a regular visa to India.
The process of applying for the Indian regular visa:
- First, fill the application form
- Now submit the required documents at the Indian Visa Application Center or at Indian Mission.
- Next, collect your visa on your passport from the application center/
The applicants can fill out the form on the official website. After submitting the form, you need to print the application form and attach the physical copy of the application and required document with your passport at IVAC or at Indian Mission at the appointment date.
Instructions for regular visa applicants:
For Online Application Form:-
- You must be the native of a country other than India
- One application form represents an individual, and hence every delegate needs to apply for a specific visa.
- Make sure you are following the pattern specified in the form, mainly for names, addresses, and DOB
- It is important to check the details you are providing before submitting the application. You can even save the form and submit it later; after checking it.
- After submitting the application, no changes can be made, hence it is recommended to check beforehand.
- Keep your application ID saved with you for future communications.
To complete the application form, you need to upload a digital photograph of the self. But, first, make sure the photo is meeting the requirements given below:
The digital photograph to be uploaded along with the Visa application should meet the following requirements:
- Format should be JPEG
- Size of the photograph can be:
- Minimum 10 KB
- Maximum 300 KB
- The Photo must be equal in height and width
- The photo must be showing the Full face, front view, eyes open.
- The center head should lie within the frame and the picture must be displaying the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin.
- The background of the photo should be plain or white.
- The photo should present a Full face, front view, and eyes open.
- Center head within frame and present full head from the top of hair to bottom of the chin.
- The background should be plain light-colored or white background.
- There should be no shadow on face or on background
- Pictures should be without borders.
- The Head should measure 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches (25mm to 35mm). The eye height should be between 1-1/8 inches to 1-3.
B. Appointment Scheduling:-
- The appointment can be scheduled as per the convenience of the applicant, with the concerned Indian Mission.
- Each and every applicant needs to schedule an appointment for himself/herself with the Indian mission.